The kitchen is the heart of every home and you should have it designed so that it fits your lifestyle. Many people in the Cape Cod area are striving to live healthier and eat healthier, and we believe that your kitchen can be set up in a way that helps you reach your goals. Sometimes creating a healthier lifestyle means making some pretty simple changes to your life and to your habits.
Here are 6 ways to design your kitchen so you can achieve a healthier lifestyle:
1. The simplest way to change your kitchen and make it easier to eat healthier is to paint the kitchen a different color. The best colors for a kitchen are blue or an earthy green since these colors help curb cravings. The worst colors for a kitchen are red, yellow, and orange because these colors increase cravings and the desire to eat.
2. In order to prepare healthy meals, you need proper tools and a proper workspace. A built-in cutting board located above a pull out garbage can is an easy way to chop up fruits and vegetables without any additional mess.
3. Your countertops should be made from materials that are stain resistant, heat resistant, and very easy to clean. You will not want to use the kitchen if you are afraid of ruining the countertop or if you have to spend hours on cleanup.
4. Incorporate some edible art decor into your kitchen with a cake stand, large bowl, or vase filled with fruits that are ready to eat. This is an easy way to eat healthy and change the decor in your kitchen all of the time. Wash and dry the fruits you keep on display so you can just grab and go.
5. Design your kitchen space so that certain items are easily accessible. An appliance garage might be the best way to keep the blender within reach without it having to sit out in the middle of the counter all day long.
6. Adding an herb garden is a great way to add some greenery to your kitchen as well as amazing smells. You will feel like cooking more than ordering out when you smell the fresh scents of basil, oregano, rosemary, and mint.
Eating healthy can be something that is easy to do when you have a proper kitchen design to prepare foods. Our designers at @Design Remodel will be able to help you design a perfect kitchen that will help you reach all of your goals quickly. We can’t guarantee that you will lose 30 pounds this year, but we can help you design a kitchen that will help promote healthier lifestyle choices. Give us a call at 508-477-9003 for more information about remodeling your kitchen in Cape Cod or the surrounding areas.