Kitchen renovations generally cost thousands of dollars when you use quality materials, but you can save quite a bit of money if you choose the right materials and do some careful planning. There are many ways that you can stretch your renovating dollars and still have the kitchen of your dreams. We can show you where to splurge, where to save, and a few shortcuts for saving money while remodeling and still getting what you want.
Here are 5 money saving options to consider during your kitchen renovation:
1. Keep Your Appliances Where They Are: You may be tempted to move all your appliances to new spaces in your renovated kitchen, but keep in mind that this can cost a lot of money. You may need new outlets to switch these appliances around or you may need to move the gas lines. Plus, there is a chance that you would need to cut into walls and flooring, which will add time, and ultimately cost to the entire project.
2. Repaint or Reface Your Cabinets: If your cabinets are still in excellent condition, we recommend painting or refacing them instead of replacing them completely. These two options will not take any longer than replacing them and in fact, you may save time by doing this since you will not need to wait for new cabinets to arrive.
3. Consider Other Countertop Materials Besides Granite: We know that you love the look of granite, but the cost can put you over budget quickly. Butcher block is a great option, but to get a look that is similar to granite, we recommend going with quartz. This material looks just as nice, yet it is cheaper.
4. Choose a Unique Island: An island full of cabinets is one of the most popular options, but it adds up when it comes to the budget. You can create a fabulous island for much less by using old dressers, bookshelves, or even an old table. The only requirement is that whatever you use needs to be thirty-six inches high. Add a quality countertop and you will have a unique island that will be the focal point of your newly renovated kitchen.
5. Add a Backsplash: Another focal point in your kitchen can be the backsplash and you will find that there are so many different types of tiles that you can choose from.
There are so many ways that you can save money while renovating your kitchen. We recommend thinking outside the box and being creative whenever possible and feel free to ask us for ideas as well. Contact us at 508-477-9003 if you’re in the planning stages and have your remodeling budget in place.