So you have made the decision to take your old nonfunctional or outdated bathroom and turn it into the oasis of your dreams however you have no idea what you want your new bathroom to look like. Sound familiar? There are many questions that you can ask yourself that will help you make the best decisions as you are creating the perfect bathroom. We’ve narrowed it down to six questions to get you started.
Here are 6 questions that you should ask yourself before remodeling your bathroom:
1. Which bathroom is being remodeled? This first question may have more than one answer if you’re planning to remodel multiple bathrooms at once. This is an important question because a bathroom used by the entire family would need more storage space and room to move around. Your master bathroom would require more customized options to create a personal space just for you.
2. How will you be using your bathroom? The answer to this question will allow you to figure out what is absolutely necessary in the bathroom design. The very first thing that comes to mind is personal hygiene. Everyone uses their bathroom for that particular purpose, right? Will you also be using it as a dressing room? Will you or a loved one be applying makeup in the new bathroom? Lighting options, seating, and other factors will come into play depending on how the bathroom will be used.
3. Do you prefer showers, baths, or either depending on your mood? There is no point in installing a soaking tub if you are never going to use it, for example. It becomes an additional expense that you can avoid and use that space for something more useful.
4. How much storage space do you need? There should be enough room for toiletries, cleaning supplies, linens, and first aid supplies obviously. Do you need additional storage? Will you want to hide some of the storage for a cleaner appearance?
5. What type of lighting would you like in your new bathroom? You will most likely want lighting that is bright enough for applying makeup and shaving, but you might also like softer lighting for when you are soaking in the tub or relaxing in the steam shower.
6. Will you need more than one sink or vanity area? Sometimes it is helpful to have more than one sink or extra counter space in the bathroom, so if you have the space for multiple sinks or extended countertops - go for it!
Bathroom remodels can be exciting to plan out once you ask yourself these questions, because you will start to realize that at the end of the remodel, you will have the bathroom space of your dreams. It is always best to spend a little more time working on the planning of the project, because it will save a lot of time during the actual remodeling. When you make all of these decisions before you start the remodel, you will not have to stop working when you can’t decide about a certain item.
Give us a call at 508-477-9003 if you’re interested in working with @Design Remodel to redesign your bathroom. We’re conveniently located in Mashpee and provide remodeling services throughout Cape Cod.