10+ Tips To Make Your Bathroom Even Better.
1. Make sure there is adequate support under your new floor tile. Typically 1.5" is sufficient.
2. Have blocking installed in tub or shower walls for later installation of balance bars.
3. Install a simple timer on your exhaust fan and run it for 20 minutes after showering.
4. If you have stained wood in your bathroom, finish it with a polyurethane to block mildew growth.
5. Do not use a flat paint in a bathroom. Use a washable paint. Most paint brands have bath or kitchen specific paint.
6. Consider a second mirrored recessed medicine cabinet in addition to the one over the sink. This can be installed on another wall else where in the bathroom. You can specify an extra deep model for more room and can even order them with built-in electrical supply.
7. Roll out metal baskets in a vanity may provide more storage for less money then drawers.
8. Curved shower rods with a hook-less liner provides more elbow room and you can quickly remover the liner for washing when needed.
9. Hinged spray panels keep water in while providing ease of access to the tub.
10. If your toilet sweats, specify an insulated tank on your new toilet.
+. Invest your money to remodel your bathroom once. With the right materials and built for longevity, you will enjoy your new bathroom worry free for many years!